OK... so I get that it's hot here and swimming is good and all that. That's why we built the pool.. but my oldest child is ridiculous with his swimming. Jared and I tried to add it up today, I think he was in the pool over 5 hours today. Wow. And, he's ridiculously good. He loves being underwater, I think he is under water more than he is above water. Today, I joined them in the pool after work and charlie wanted to race, so he climbed on my back and we started to race Zach across the pool. All of a sudden Zach starts doing the crawl, putting his face in the water and everything. Jared and I just looked at each other dumbfounded... we both said "did you teach him that??" Neither of us has..... hmmm.... I have to get a video of it....
Bottom line, he's a pretty darn good swimmer. Charlie is trying so hard to catch up. It's pretty cute. He only lasts about a minute till he sinks, so he's got a ways to go, but he's trying! He'll be good in a month or so...
The other good thing is now I have something that I can actually take away from Zach if he misbehaves... "no pool for the rest of the day" goes pretty far!
No comments:
Post a Comment